Products ► Instrumentation ► Wireless Telemetry ► Model T24-WSS
- High accuracy measurement range of 5 to 125 mph
- Output units – m/sec, kph, mph, fps
- Constantly monitors average wind speed
- Measures gusts at user defined periods
- Wireless range up to 800 m (2,600 ft)
- Variable sampling
- Low power mode providing exceptional battery life in excess of 12 months
- Powerered from Internal batteries (2 x D Cell) or external power supply
- Quick and simple installation
- Supplied pre-calibrated and configured
- Robust fixing bracket
- Rugged IP67 rated case 164 x 84 x 57 mm (excluding glands)
- One year warranty
- Provides wireless data to T24 receivers
- Pivot bar wind speed sensor also available (T24-WSSp) alongside an in-cab display (T24-DWS) providing a wireless wind speed system, ideal for the lifting and handling industry
The wireless wind speed transmitter (Anemometer) T24-WSS is built on Mantracourt’s T24 2.4 GHz wireless technology and operates alongside any T24 device such as base stations, handheld displays, analogue output, relay modules, GPRS data loggers, computer interfaces and more. Data transmitted by the T24-WSS can be received by multiple T24 receivers and displays.
Click here to view & download associated free software.
The T24-WSS constantly monitors average wind speed and uses a low power mode between transmission which provides exceptional battery life in excess of 12 months in the field. It has a wireless range of up to 800 m (2,600 ft) and is supplied pre-calibrated for ease of use.
The wireless wind speed transmitter (anemometer) features a high quality 3-cup rotor in a rugged enclosure, providing rolling average wind speeds between 5 mph to 125 mph. It will also measure gusts at user defined periods of 1, 3, 5 or 10 sec. Wind speed measurement is available in m/s, fps, mph, km/h or kn.
The output value of the anemometer comes pre-calibrated and can be configured to the user’s requirements and measures over the range 5 to 125 mph.
• 0.5 mph from 5 to 10 mph
• ± 4% from 10 to 125 mph
The T24-WSS is powered either from internal batteries or an external supply. For applications which require high sampling rates for long periods Mantracourt’s Power Pack1 and Solar Panel1 (PP1 & SP1) offers an ideal solution.
*Check operating temperature of D Cells intended for use.
**Maximum range achieved in open field site with the T24 acquisition module at a height of 3 metres (9.8 feet) above ground and T24-HS held at chest height pointing towards the acquisition module. Specification at 3V supply at 25°C