Products ► Instrumentation ► Controllers & Alarms ► Model LCI
- For the protection of multi-load cell installations such as silos and tanks
- Reduces down-time via immediate alarm and fault diagnosis
- Provides an assured working system in critical applications
- Avoids material shortage, overflow or incorrect batching from damaged load cells or cables
- Now supports both 5V and 10V operation – 5V operation requires less power from the
The alarm will be activated if:
- One or more load cells are out of balance
- Any load cell is operated outside a preset mV/V range
- Excitation voltage deviates from preset range
- Any connection is lost (open circuit detection)
- Any short circuit is detected
The LCI load cell failure alarm is designed to continuously monitor the condition of individual load cells and activates an alarm when faults in the system are detected, therefore providing increased safety and cost savings onsite for all weighing systems.
The latest version of the LCI now supports both 5V and 10V operation, 5V operation requires less power consumption from the connected instrument and simplifies barrier selection.
It provides protection for multi-load cell installations such as silos, tanks and other systems where the failure of an individual load cell can have serious consequences such as material shortage, overflow, or incorrect production batching. The device constantly samples the individual load cell channels and activates an alarm if any failure conditions are detected, ensuring a safe working system.
The LCI should be used in conjunction with a host intelligent weighing instrument such as Mantracourt’s ADW15, LCA20, LCD20, SMW etc. as well as suitable third-party products.
For a simple summing circuit with no trimming and no corner compensation, use the Load Cell Junction PCB, model JPP Load Cell Junction PCB, and for trimming and corner compensation, use the Active Junction Box, model JBA Load Cell Junction Box.