Products ► Instrumentation ► Wireless Telemetry ► Model T24-WSS & T24-DWS
Model T24-WSS & T24-DWS
Wireless Wind Speed Transmitter
- High accuracy measurement range of 5 to 125 mph
- Output units – m/s, mph
- Constantly monitors average wind speed with permanent power to the display
- Class leading wireless range up to 800 m (2,600 ft)
- Low power mode providing exceptional battery life in excess of 12 months
- Quick and easy installation
- Supplied pre-calibrated, configured and paired
- Pivot design for mounting to moving booms
- Robust IP67 rated plug and measure device
- Radio Equipment Directive (RED) approved
- Optional wireless configuration via T24 Toolkit software
- Free visualisation software is also available
- Ideal for the lifting and handling industry
- Shows a rolling average wind speed
- Easily configurable in-built buzzer and relay feature provides alarm function to control external equipment
- Supplied pre-calibrated and paired to wind speed sensor when ordered as a SET-A
- Backlight display for low light conditions
- Externally powered (8 – 36 Vdc)
- A large LED four digit display is also available to view data from this system
The wireless wind speed display (T24-DWS) is a surface mounting display module for exclusive use with the wireless wind speed transmitter module (T24-WSSp). This complete wireless wind speed system provides high accuracy measurement and offers a quick and effective solution for monitoring wind speeds in a wide variety of applications and industries, particularly suited to the lifting and handling industry.
The T24-WSSp, is designed for mounting to moving booms, with a pivot design to ensure the sensor remains upright. It uses a low power mode between transmissions to maximise battery life in the field whilst offering class leading wireless coverage range of up to 800 metres (2,600 ft). The display module is externally powered and comes complete with 3m cable and ball jointed cab mount/wall mount.
The T24-WSSp features a high quality 3-cup rotor anemometer providing measurements in m/s and mph. Forming part of the T24 modular telemetry system, the data transmitted by the T24-WSSp can be received by multiple T24 displays as well as analogue outputs, relay modules and computer interfaces.
The in-cab display shows a rolling average wind speed which is updated at the transmission rate of the wind speed sensor, (which has a default of once per second). The display, which has an optional backlight, can be toggled between m/s and mph and an alarm limit can be configured to activate an internal relay and buzzer to control external equipment. Measuring wind speeds between 5 mph to 125 mph the T24-WSSp is powered from internal D Cell batteries.
The system is supplied pre-calibrated with the sensor ‘paired’ to the display making it a simple and easy out-of-the-box solution. Additional configuration is also available, if required with the use of a T24 base station.
A large LED display is also available to display and view data from the T24 wireless wind speed sensor.
Click here to view & download associated free software.